Sunday, June 12, 2011

Shared Topic: What Keeps Me coming back to play WoW?

Hi guys, Thought I share my point of views on Why I keep coming back to play WoW? This is a Shared Topic idea by Ringo Flinthammer over at Blog Azeroth. I hope I will just catch up on time for this week. Ringo asks: "Despite a well-publicized dip in subscriber numbers, most WoW players have stuck around. But those folks didn't leave for no reason, so what keeps you coming back and still playing? Is it the friends? The new content? Old content still to explore? Alts? PvP? Roleplaying?"

After 4yrs+ of playing World of Warcraft, I honestly don't know Why? Maybe because a lot of things happened this past few years from raiding, questing and leveling all my characters and gained friends? Or maybe because I also blog about it? I honestly keep telling myself I will finally quit, but like a year ago when AION was released. I thought for sure this will be a change of pace, but then again I was missing something, probably because I was so used of playing WoW like my hot keys, macros and rotation. When I play a different game it was really not the same, that's when I realized I had more friends in WoW, I like twinking my interface, my macros, rotation, my characters and that's probably why I keep coming back to play World of Warcraft? But is that really all the reason to it? 

I honestly have this weird feeling that WoW is like planting something in our brain that you can play 24hrs just to level 1 character, and that is crazy! Don't get me wrong, I still love the game. But Many WoW players now a days felt like they have given up. They realized that playing World of Warcraft is a bit too much and taking a lot of time playing vs spending more time in real life. And I think I am one of those players out there who realized that. Especially after Cataclysm has released for me it was too fast that I wasn't able to enjoy Wrath of Lich King much to move on and kill another boss and internet dragon in the new expansion. 

Sure, I was excited when the expansion released but I wasn't excited enough. You can really tell, my previous guild we lost many players before I left, my new guild is not doing very well either, even in blogosphere community, twitter. and just recently reported that World of Warcraft lost freaking millions subscribers and I bet they are having fun playing RIFT now.  But as much as I sound like I am discouraging you not to play WoW now because of what is happening. There are still things you can't give up. Like this warcraft wisdom that Tokaa shared last 3 weeks ago, it also explains What is Warcraft for us?

But despite all the things that is currently happening or just about to happen. The question will still be open to answer. I know the community is tired, but let's say Just take it easy? Enjoy while your subscription is still up. Raid while you can, Chat and get involved in the community. I myself did told you that I missed some things I wasn't able to do then maybe I need to do something about it, to explore more, to quest more, to do all the achievements available. So Yes, and that's what keeps me coming back to play WoW? because I have so much unfinished things to do, I am not giving up WoW just yet. I am not saying I have to play 24hrs to do all these things but I just need to know my limitation and time management will do the wonders.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is Caring! Also Please Don't forget to Subscribe my feeds to get my latest updates! Have a Good one! <3